+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help installing Android Market

Junior Member opengirl is on a distinguished road

Help installing Android Market

Please forgive the griping that's about to happen, but I'm just very frustrated right now. How come every time there's an update I have to wipe all the data off my Adam and then start from scratch with all my apps? It's very frustrating! Especially because I'm not a huge techie and have to relearn how to do it every time!

Anyway... now to the actual question. As I mentioned, I lost all my apps in the most recent update (and I wasn't actually able to install the ICS Beta... just wouldn't work for some reason), so I want to install the Android Market on my Adam and download some apps again, but I can't figure out how to do it. Once the app store is there, I know how to install apps, but... well, I need the app store to do it. And according to another post I found on the Notion Ink Forum, you don't need to root your Adam to do this, so I would like to do it without going through the rooting process if that's actually possible. (On the other forum, they said you didn't need to, but then linked to a post on how to root the Adam, so... not helpful.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Moderator JonnyBoy is on a distinguished road JonnyBoy's Avatar
    Hi, the quick answer is that installing TR's Deadcomb ROM or similar it will work. As long as it's not a stock ROM it will come with the Android Market. In order to keep your apps between updates I suggest Titanium Backup, just be sure to restore only user apps and not system stuff because that might cause problems across ROMs.
    Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users? ~ Clifford Stoll

Please look at the PSA video "Posting and you" before hitting Submit
    Everyone here is an Innovator, whether by choice or ignorance...

+ Reply to Thread