Oh, well, congratulations. I have checked all of my e-mails. Nothing....
OK, I found the eMail in my Spam folder.
But it's just teasing me. When I click on the
link, it tells me it's not 12pm PST yet. When
in fact it's 1:23pm PST.
What's up with that?
This is the text in the msg
Hello and Greetings From Notion Ink!
Thank you for all your support and encouragement over the past year. It gives us immense pleasure to open pre-ordering exclusively for fans like you for the first 6 hours. Pre-orders for you will begin at 12 p.m. Pacific Time, and for everyone else at 6 p.m.
You can place your order using VISA and American Express cards only. Please use the following link:
http://www.notionink.com/order.php? ..... (remainder deleted for their consideration)
Now it's saying its server is down.
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache Server at www.notionink.com Port 80
Last edited by DennyBee; December-09-2010 at 02:46 PM.
I share the concerns of some other Adam fan on some blog I can't reproduce.
Here they are with a few edits of mine.
Except for questions I (obviously) deleted, I think
the questions are reasonable and cogent.
1. WE ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NEED TO SEE VIDEOS/PHOTOS OF THE FINAL PRODUCT.
2. If pre-ordering, when will the credit card be charged? At the time of the pre-order, or at the time the item ships?
5. When will the first review units arrive at Anandtech, Slashgear, and other reputable reviewers?
8. How much memory comes pre-installed on the Adam?
11. Will the Android Market be available on the Adam at launch?
12. Does NI have a trouble-ticket and technical support system in place?
13. Will you be opening a standard discussion forum for the NI Adam where we can interact with, and receive direct support from, the engineers at NI?
14. Are you planning to partner with any outside retailers, or will the NI facilities in India be the only location for all sales/support?
15. What are the warranty details for the Adam?
16. How/where will repairs, replacements, and returns be handled by NI? Will NI cover shipping to/from the NI facilities for warrantied repair services?
17. Who has NI partnered with for officially-endorsed peripherals (ie. cases, adapters, screen protectors, keyboards, docks, etc)?
18. What are the exact contents of the box that will ship with the Adam?
Last edited by DennyBee; December-09-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: carelessness
Got mine, Won't be pre-ordering.
Way too many questions as the post above me mentioned. This is really making me sad
Post something on your blog -- don't let this
order snafu "sink your boat."
All you have to do is explain why no one is
able to order -- we'll understand and be patient.
But in this case (so far), no news is deadly news.
Seems like quite a few of the "regular" posters on the blog are still in without pre-order emails.
|Underground Inventive, Overground Effective|
NI Community Wiki
Order page now reads:
Sorry, during this period you can only order if you got an invitation over email. Preorders will be open for everyone at 9:30pm PST!