+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deleting things off the Adam?

Junior Member opengirl is on a distinguished road

Deleting things off the Adam?

I just got my Adam in the mail last night! Very VERY excited to begin using it. I bought it off of ebay (obviously) and the previous owner left some things on it that I want to delete -- a few apps and some books. I can't seem to figure out how to delete them... any help?

Junior Member mikus is on a distinguished road
    First, go into Snifffer -> Applications and see if you can delete what you don't want. [If the app you wanted to delete got installed into "storage", Sniffer should do the job.] [IIRC, Sniffer also ought to be usable for deleting files from "storage".]

If what you want to delete got installed into "system" - you will need to 'root' your Adam. Then there are various "Application Manager" apps that suppport deleting. I myself happen to use Titanium Backup for when I want to delete some app - Titanium Backup shows a quite comprehensive list of what all items have been installed.

[If you are familiar with Linux/Android, and know which internal file belongs to what, you might also use one of the "File Manager" apps to delete individual files. [I myself find Root Explorer quite capable. But you need to know what you are doing, else you might delete something and find that your Adam no longer boots. [In which case you would need to learn all about "unbricking".]]]

Junior Member opengirl is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mikus View Post
    First, go into Snifffer -> Applications and see if you can delete what you don't want. [If the app you wanted to delete got installed into "storage", Sniffer should do the job.] [IIRC, Sniffer also ought to be usable for deleting files from "storage".]

If what you want to delete got installed into "system" - you will need to 'root' your Adam. Then there are various "Application Manager" apps that suppport deleting. I myself happen to use Titanium Backup for when I want to delete some app - Titanium Backup shows a quite comprehensive list of what all items have been installed.

[If you are familiar with Linux/Android, and know which internal file belongs to what, you might also use one of the "File Manager" apps to delete individual files. [I myself find Root Explorer quite capable. But you need to know what you are doing, else you might delete something and find that your Adam no longer boots. [In which case you would need to learn all about "unbricking".]]]
    I can find the files I want to delete in sniffer, but what do I do from there to delete them? If I click on them it just opens sub directories until there's nothing left.

Senior Member Trovatrice is on a distinguished road Trovatrice's Avatar
    Click the Menu button (third virtual button down of the four on the left side of the screen.) You should see a pop-up menu at the bottom of the screen with additional options.

Junior Member mikus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by opengirl View Post
    I can find the files I want to delete in sniffer, but what do I do from there to delete them? If I click on them it just opens sub directories until there's nothing left.
    Fetch http://www.notionink.com/files/User%20Manual.pdf. Look on page 25

+ Reply to Thread