+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NI Adam - a disappointment - 3G issues and screen issues [PixelQi+3G+WiFi]

Hybrid View

Junior Member il12941 is on a distinguished road

NI Adam - a disappointment - 3G issues and screen issues [PixelQi+3G+WiFi]

I am very disappointed from the device.
    I bought the PixelQi+3G+Wifi. it arrived a few days ago and the screen is horrible,it has bleeding edges,And very blur corners,the brightness is not perfect and colors are dead.
    I couldent activate 3G at all (I got airplane mode right from the start) after a few mails to support and several attempts to solve the problem they admitted it is a problem that will be solved in the next update.
    Here are some photos compared to my Elocity A7.
    I decided to return the device ( losing $180 for costumes and shipping fees).

Last edited by il12941; April-29-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Junior Member ashjas is on a distinguished road
    other edges getting white corners are real problem.. but that edge blur is not an issue.. i guess u r running vegan tab... and thats how the rom blurs out around the edges.. so thats not correct to point out.. though i agree the white corners are a problem.. luckily i dont have them...

Hey ashjas.
    not running vegan tab ,
    stock rom is laggy and it FC alot,tried Beast Rom but in both Roms colors are dead comparred my Elocity,screen is too bright or too dark ,white edges indeed a problem...3G is a real bummer.
    Last edited by il12941; April-29-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Member Trux is on a distinguished road
    I feel for you and am glad I didn't have the same experience with the PQ 3G Adam that you did. I admit that I have light bleeding in around the edges but its only noticeable on startup. The PQ (the primary reason I bought the Adam) works great and since I use mine outside or in strong light most of the time it does everything I need. Wifi works well and holds my signal and once I got the right settings in place for 3g that hasn't caused me any problems, either. Sure, I have things to gripe about but, overall, I am glad that I have an Adam over anything else. That being said- I recommend the Ipad2 to most people whom ask me about it because I get the impression from them that the just want to "use it and not worry." The "techies" I know like it but they also like to take things apart. However, I agree that the version I purchased was not ready for the "regular retail consumer." I just hope the issues (for the most part) are software and not hardware related and can be fixed in a subsequent update from Notion Ink.

It all goes back to what your expectations were out of the gate with a product that is a v1.0 and a company that doesn't have established sales or support channels or routines.
    PixelQi, Wifi + 3G (UMTS 850/1900 MHz) Ordered: 11th Feb, On my kitchen counter 30 March. Loving it since day 1.

Junior Member rickdubra is on a distinguished road
    I having problems with my screen as well got my adam on 27 April, my screen when come back from sleep is filled with vertical lines in a black background and sometimes all the screen with vertical and horizontal lines in a with background, contacted notion and they said that will replace it, hope have luck

Member Boris is on a distinguished road Boris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trux View Post
    I feel for you and am glad I didn't have the same experience with the PQ 3G Adam that you did. I admit that I have light bleeding in around the edges but its only noticeable on startup. The PQ (the primary reason I bought the Adam) works great and since I use mine outside or in strong light most of the time it does everything I need. Wifi works well and holds my signal and once I got the right settings in place for 3g that hasn't caused me any problems, either. Sure, I have things to gripe about but, overall, I am glad that I have an Adam over anything else. That being said- I recommend the Ipad2 to most people whom ask me about it because I get the impression from them that the just want to "use it and not worry." The "techies" I know like it but they also like to take things apart. However, I agree that the version I purchased was not ready for the "regular retail consumer." I just hope the issues (for the most part) are software and not hardware related and can be fixed in a subsequent update from Notion Ink.

It all goes back to what your expectations were out of the gate with a product that is a v1.0 and a company that doesn't have established sales or support channels or routines.
    Out of curiosity, did you have to do anything to get att on board with your 3g? I do not have another account to start with. Locally they don't seem to have a clue since it is not their supported device.

Senior Member laszlok53 is on a distinguished road
    Hardware defects. Your device should be replaced by NI

Senior Member bigwhitebear18 is on a distinguished road bigwhitebear18's Avatar
    Every time I see this post this is what comes to mind

I have realized that the blur thing is from the VTL launcher ,still , bleeding is seen in many brightness selections,colors are dull compared to a regular LCD screen , i am still unable to activate 3G yet, and there is no reply from NI support after i informed them that i wish to return the product and I'm waiting for return procedure details.
    Last edited by il12941; May-03-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Junior Member rickdubra is on a distinguished road
    I sent various emails to support and no answer at all, what a people, they don't care if the product that they send u is working or not, if are luck good if not you will not hear from them.

+ Reply to Thread