+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is your mic creating a buzz, issue resolved

Senior Member Udayan is on a distinguished road

Cool Is your mic creating a buzz, issue resolved

I had a very feeble buzz noise coming up when i record via mic. I emailed Notion Ink support and i got a reply immediately, Yet to test if this fixes the issue. Will try this out. However i thought it might be useful to put it here so that others will find it useful.

"Dear Sir,

Greetings from Notion Ink!

Please download and install the FLASH update in the Adam. This should resolve the issue. Please ensure to wipe the user data before installing the update.

NOTE: Please ensure to backup the data before wiping.

Please follow the below steps to Wipe/RESET the User Data:

First, please turn OFF the Adam and wait for it to turn OFF completely.

Next, while holding down the Volume + button, slide down the Power switch and wait for the Adam to turn ON.

The Adam will turn ON and will go in the Recovery Mode.

Then, navigate to the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option using the Volume button and select it by touching the Option button (above the Back button; third from top).

Now, please navigate to YES and touch the Option button (above the Back button; third from top) to select it. The Adam will start wiping the data and return to the previous menu when finished.

Finally, select the Reboot System Now option by touching the Option button again.

Now, please follow the below mentioned steps to install the update.

Please note that the below update requires Adam to be connected via mini USB cable to a Computer running Windows/Linux.

You can click on the appropriate link provided below, based on your Adam variant and Operating System, to download the update file:

LINUX:

http://notionink.com/45-flash/flash_3gAUO.zip For LCD WiFi 3G NIA920080411 (Build number after updating)

WINDOWS:

http://notionink.com/windows/flash_3gAUO-W.zip For LCD WiFi 3G NIA920080411 (Build number after updating)

In order to update your Adam, you would have to follow a few simple steps detailed in the manual below.

You can download the manual here - http://notionink.com/45-flash/Instruction-Manual.pdf

All the necessary information required to update your Adam are present in these files.

Finally, check if the Build Number under SETTINGS>>ABOUT ADAM is the one mentioned besides the update link above. This will verify that the update has been installed successfully.

Please check if the noise is heard while recording using a headphone too.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any more queries.

Thank you for your time and patience.
    "
    LCD+WIFI+3G Adam, Order Date: 10/02/2011. Delivered at home on 11 April.Loving it, considering beast ROM.

-Udayan

Member sureshgvv is on a distinguished road
    Doesnt work, I already tried!

Senior Member aiden9 is on a distinguished road
    That screeching/buzzing noise is the dimmer on your screen. Any such update they send will never actually remove it. They're just trying to include some more noise cancellation software in hopes that your mic will stop picking it up. Hasn't worked for anyone on the conclave yet either.

It did not work for me as well.
    LCD+WIFI+3G Adam, Order Date: 10/02/2011. Delivered at home on 11 April.Loving it, considering beast ROM.

-Udayan

Is this persistent across all ROMs ?

-Udayan

Senior Member jag216 is on a distinguished road
    What may be related, the mic in my observations is extremely hot - as if the gain control is maxed out. The mic picks up movement on the surface of the device, making speech-to-text entry very difficult if you are holding the adam in your hands or moving it around.

I am guessing they have yet to optimize the best gain/boost settings for the mic under it's current placement. Are there any apps out there that allow mic settings to be viewed, if not adjusted?
    PQi Wifi/3G (850/1900 MHz)
    Stock Eden 1.5

Oh that is quite informative. Let us hope NI sees this and fixes this. The gain coul certainky be a possibilty.

-Udayan

I have honeycomb now on my Adam. This issue has become less severe. The buzz has rduced, almost gone.

Senior Member Ramchi is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Udayan View Post
    I have honeycomb now on my Adam. This issue has become less severe. The buzz has rduced, almost gone.
    Good for you! I have just updated my Adam from EdenX to HoneyComb! Not sure how to remove ClockworkMod which probably is creating few issues with FCs.
    PQi+3G - HoneyComb

+ Reply to Thread