+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Boycott Notion Ink Conclave until they protect your privacy.

Senior Member asanchez is on a distinguished road asanchez's Avatar
    There should be an option to either sign in with facebook or not in my opinion for many reasons and until thats the case i will not be joining unfortunately. As some have mentioned on other threads that we shouldnt complain and just create a fake facebook account which i totally disagree with as why on earth would people in their busy lifes want to even create more subscribed items for instance generate a new mail account and facebook account to just access a forum. Doesnt make sense to me as in my case (working in IT) i have enough to do already and why on earth would i want to do all that just to access a blinking forum! Maybe for some 16 year old who has just discovered the magical world of the internet never having one mail account in his life and nothing better to do yes that wouldnt be such a big deal but for the rest of the community i think many have other things to care about just to access a forum for a product they have purchased!! And yes i do have a facebook account but why would i want to associated a product i purchased with to have anything to do with my facebook account? yes it is just a marketing tool for NI but i dont have my recently purchased Fridge/Freezer or anything else associated with Facebook so i'm not going to start now...... wake up NI!!
    Last edited by asanchez; April-10-2011 at 05:19 AM.
    LCD WIFI 3G - ORDERED 9TH FEB - RECEIVED 14TH MAR

No need to boycott, I refuse to have a Facebook account, so NI forums are out of the question by default.

Senior Member Deecee is on a distinguished road Deecee's Avatar
    I will not use facebook to join the support forum for something I bought using an email account i use for specific purposes. Let us use our registered email account.

So boycotted by default. Forever waiting moderation. Forever POO! And proud of it.
    Can't wait to get rid of my iPad! ADAM PQi 3G Woohooo!
    ESD: 15 Feb:SHIPPING IN PROGRESS:16 FebPROCESSED:17 FebTracking "Not Found":18 Feb3-5 Days:22 Feb PreOrderOutcast (POO) NEW ESD: 3-10 MarUNDER PROCESS: 11 MarTRACKING 25 Mar ADAM BORN ON 30 MARCH 2011

Member bruce is on a distinguished road bruce's Avatar
    agreed with this.
    IMO they should issue/email login ID based on device number/invoice number with an user generated password - so trolls can be filtered and ONLY adam owners have a say.
    A sub forum for general public to access is also not bad, so NI can feel the pulse/market analysis from non-owners also.

Not registered yet...and will remain till NI sort this out.
    Currently I frequent NIH>NIA mainly. Have stopped looking at NI blog.

NIH is a gem....where else will you have thread for support for USB modem? (which I feel NI should implement)..The community is more productive.(which I feel should be vice versa)

Otherwise hoping to see the "conclave" (?little awkward) evolve to "contentment"...lol

Member fadattf is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
    No need to boycott, I refuse to have a Facebook account, so NI forums are out of the question by default.
    Second that.
    Notion Ink Adam | PixelQi Wifi
    Estimated Shipping Date: Feb 14th 2011=>March 10th => Tracking Received 28/03/11
    Ordered Date: 2011-02-10

Member Trans is on a distinguished road Trans's Avatar
    I do not have Facebook and would not it never!
    Hence, the Conclave also will not be for me!
    Last edited by Trans; April-19-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    PixelQi + WiFi + 3G

Junior Member kjaanbutt is on a distinguished road
    I heard that the Apple IPad wasn't that good of an investment but then someone told me that this Notion Ink Adam was something good to buy. So how does well does this object work? What certain things does it do? Also is it a good investment?

Junior Member Franky is on a distinguished road Franky's Avatar
    by forcing people to open a facebook account is almost the same as apple forcing people to use there app-store.

give people a choice how to log in.

It's like a mini skirt explanation. It covers just the most important things....

+ Reply to Thread