+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Adam has finally arrived

  1. #1

    Thumbs up Adam has finally arrived

    After spending the weekend at the custom warehouse, Adam finally arrived at my doorstep today.

    After playing around with it for a couple of hours, I am getting to know it and are, so far, quite happy with it.

    However, I do have a few issues, that I hope some of you know how to handle:

    GPS: I have applied the newest update, but I don't get ANY fix on the GPS. I have had it outside for 30 min. and the gps test app, shows zero satelites. :-(

    USB: I have an Eagletec 16GB USB key, that Adam does not see. It is FAT32 formatted, but does not show up in sniffer. :-(

    3G: I hav my SIM card in Adam, and the icon in the top right corner shows signal. It is connected to the right network, but will not transfer data through 3G. I have tried to turn off wifi, but it still won't transfer through 3G. :-(

    Any ideas???
    Waiting for my LCD 3G

  2. #2
    Senior Member mjm2950 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    339
    Sorry to hear this. Do not have mine yet so no help, But I hope you get it working since I should have mine in a week or so.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Ordered Date: 19:25:31 December 10, 2010 # NIO3504xxx - Pixel Qi WiFi + 3G, shipping January 9th; 22nd; 29th, now February 14th; Received February 22 Sandisk 32gb class 4 card; pre-ordered a PadPivot

  3. #3
    Member Placeb0 is on a distinguished road Placeb0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by mjm2950 View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Do not have mine yet so no help, But I hope you get it working since I should have mine in a week or so.
    I think it'll take more than a week. count: it's 7 days from now to 14th, 3-5 days delivery time, customs delay etc. it will take about 2 weeks at least.
    Notion Ink Adam | Normal LCD + Wifi + 3G (UMTS 900/2100 MHz)
    Happy NI Adam user since 01 March 2011

  4. #4
    For gps, have you set your system time right?

  5. #5
    Member Placeb0 is on a distinguished road Placeb0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by behrendorff View Post
    GPS: I have applied the newest update, but I don't get ANY fix on the GPS. I have had it outside for 30 min. and the gps test app, shows zero satelites. :-(
    Check your time is set correctly. Don't have any other suggestions here, sorry..

    Quote Originally Posted by behrendorff View Post
    USB: I have an Eagletec 16GB USB key, that Adam does not see. It is FAT32 formatted, but does not show up in sniffer. :-(
    Try different USB slot, try another memory key, may be smaller sizes, like 4 or 8 Gb

    Quote Originally Posted by behrendorff View Post
    3G: I hav my SIM card in Adam, and the icon in the top right corner shows signal. It is connected to the right network, but will not transfer data through 3G. I have tried to turn off wifi, but it still won't transfer through 3G. :-(
    Check the 3G settings and confs with your 3G provider, they might be help. If not, email NI's support.

    ***Check that latest update was actually and correctly installed. try to install it again.
    Notion Ink Adam | Normal LCD + Wifi + 3G (UMTS 900/2100 MHz)
    Happy NI Adam user since 01 March 2011

  6. #6
    Senior Member JohnHJW is an unknown quantity at this point JohnHJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Shipment-under-Process, UK.
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Placeb0 View Post
    Check the 3G settings and confs with your 3G provider, they might be help. If not, email NI's support.

    ***Check that latest update was actually and correctly installed. try to install it again.
    Agreed. Check that the APN for your provider is filled out, a list is available here: http://www.quickim.com/support/gprs-settings.html

    When I applied a hacked Chinese Froyo, from Modaco, to my ZTE blade the GPS stopped working until I had 3G data. I believe some software, including Google Maps, uses a rough fix from the 3G cell to find what satellites to use.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Placeb0 View Post
    Check your time is set correctly. Don't have any other suggestions here, sorry..


    Try different USB slot, try another memory key, may be smaller sizes, like 4 or 8 Gb



    Check the 3G settings and confs with your 3G provider, they might be help. If not, email NI's support.

    ***Check that latest update was actually and correctly installed. try to install it again.
    Thanks for the input. :-)

    I have no idea, what I did, but now the GPS is working....

    I have tried with a smaller USB (4GB), that works, so perhaps it is the size....

    3G is still not working......
    Waiting for my LCD 3G

  8. #8
    Thanks! I will try the APN thing right away..
    Waiting for my LCD 3G

  9. #9
    The APN stuff worked. I copied the settings from my HTC legend and voila!

    Thanks guys!
    Waiting for my LCD 3G

  10. #10
    Senior Member bigwhitebear18 is on a distinguished road bigwhitebear18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    363
    For GPS, make sure your setting-locations and settings : "use GPS satellites" is checked. If you are trying to get on AT&T I have posted the APN setting before. I'll wait for a reply before reposting. As for the USB, I'd say try reformatting again, test it on your computer and drop a few files on it then test on your Adam while Sniffer is open.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Adam has arrived!
    By Rambler358 in forum General Adam Discussion
    Replies: 314
    Last Post: March-05-2011, 05:24 PM
  2. My Adam Has Arrived (first impressions)
    By FreezerBite in forum Notion Ink Adam Reviews
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: February-09-2011, 11:13 AM
  3. Finally Purchased
    By hdhouse3rd in forum Pre-Order Comments, Issues, Suggestions, Complaints
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December-11-2010, 09:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts