+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: First impressions

Senior Member amitks is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leperlord View Post
    Thanks amitksamitks

... Longbox , it was reported long ago NI and LB had a deal to have it on Adam.... I was planning on using outdoors , i spend alot of time outdoors in summer , also travelling on public transit and in vehicles , and would love to read Adam in these times But if quality is that badly washed out , for much increased quality i would sacrifice outdoor reading...
    Thanks leperlord. SF weather is amazing at this time

I. Maybe LongBox is added as an update soon. We never did hear if the deal fell thru
    II. Outdoor quality of LCD is still to be verified, so you can wait for reviews before you order yours
    III. Zip files can be opened using Astro file manager in Android besides many other apps

The beauty of this thing is that it seems to be opening all Android phone apps with ease and without issues of form-factor or screen resolution... so if you can find any Android app for your purposes you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by mada View Post
    gtab is 300 on contract standard now. 279 isnt a far stretch by any means
    Are you talking about the Samsung Galaxy Tab?

The post I was quoting was talking about the Viewsonic G-tab. Which runs $379-$399, unless you can find one at Sears Outlet store for $279. But those are few and far between. Plus I don't think anyone is selling the G-tab on contract.

Unless there is another Viewsonic G-tab that I am not aware of?

Senior Member tokyobreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks amitks for nice review. These are very useful for us who are waiting for ours to arrive sometime in future.

Some requests:
    - Please post a video of using a number of apps (your time and condition permitting, of course)
    - What's the software version shown in settings? Is it 2.2 or 2.3?
    - Did you try playing some HD video and checked if the experience is smooth?
    - Reading comics using ACV (Android Comic Viewer) or some other viewer.
    - Loading and navigating a really large PDF.
    - How long Adam last/lasted until you need to recharge it?
    - Is there any video recording (using swivel camera) app included? If so, does it work fine?
    - Is there any voice recording app included? If so, how is the quality of recording?
    - If there any image app included for slideshow and/or editing? Or only the stock Android Gallery is there?

I guess we are asking a lot from you :-) Your efforts are really appreciated.

P.S. Please consider using VNC method mentioned in earlier pages for recording. Then we can only concentrate on what's going on in Adam screen.
    Adam Pixel Qi + Wifi - [ROM: Best 2.2.1]
    [Accessories: Case, Carry Bag, Stylus, Collapsible Stand, HDMI with flexible ends] [Yet to Buy: Extra Charger]
    Ordered Date: 2010-12-09 - Finally Delivered: 2011-02-21

Senior Member rwniel is on a distinguished road rwniel's Avatar
    Current just outside London, soon to be Ottawa Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by mada View Post
    hey rwniel, does your version of flash restrict resolution size? I downloaded it but cant get youtube to play at more than 360 in frame and 480 fullscreen. I then tried the black mesa trailer on vimeo and got a lot of stutter/freezes on HD mode. no such problem on my eeepc
    Are you using a dedicated Youtube app, or are you viewing via the browser. I have noticed in the latter case that the player does sometimes make it hard via the controls to select a particular video feed. You might find it helps logging into your Youtube account and adjusting the video settings to always use the 'hd' feed if it's available. I don't seem to get that issue if I use a separate app (- it seems to default to the highest quality stream that's available automatically). I tried the Vimeo site and it does seem rather jerky - flash playback can be a bit hit and miss on Android. I think Adobe still need to do some further optimisation on the flash player (- maybe some playback doesn't make use of the OpenGL ES acceleration built into the Tegra 2 and hence is jerky). If I get hold of a later version, then I'll try to upload it.

Robert
    Last edited by rwniel; January-24-2011 at 10:36 PM.

so the screen was glossy, unless you put the matte screen protector?! :-/

Junior Member JoinMA is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the first review

Junior Member japhule is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020 View Post
    Are you talking about the Samsung Galaxy Tab?

The post I was quoting was talking about the Viewsonic G-tab. Which runs $379-$399, unless you can find one at Sears Outlet store for $279. But those are few and far between. Plus I don't think anyone is selling the G-tab on contract.

Unless there is another Viewsonic G-tab that I am not aware of?
    What about the run that is running Eden?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928152

Senior Member amitks is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by japhule View Post
    looks better in their screenshot than on my screen

Junior Member praveenparvani is on a distinguished road
    A Honest Review... Waiting for more details from you... A question- Did your Adam comes with a Sim card slot even though its a WiFi only mode, asking because can use at least 2g/2.5g calls and data in future. And how about the touch sensitive and response experience compared to IPAD?

Junior Member metaltiger is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by japhule View Post
    Wait, WTF how did they get hold of it ?

And is that legal ?

THATS SHOCKING.

+ Reply to Thread