+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam has arrived!

Senior Member GregG is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mada View Post
    meaning Im SOL. Thats the way it is and you should expect ALL pixel qi screens to be like that. But I dont buy it. If I flip the adam upside down, the button side (left in normal orientation) does not have the same effect- it is not an angle issue. It traveled with the adam and is a PHYSICAL issue only on the right side. I'll post pictures later tonight
    I'd ask for your case to be escalated to a supervisor. This answer is obviously not acceptable and i would not accept that answer.

Senior Member Rambler358 is on a distinguished road Rambler358's Avatar
    I have now just sent a new email to NI support explicitly stating I want to return my defective (camera) Adam for a refund per the policy on their web site. I included all the info the return policy stated. I'm now curious to see how they handle this.

Senior Member mjm2950 is on a distinguished road
    start looking for Adams on the NI factory Outlet / Refurbished store. Can't sell them as new in the US, but perhaps they will just rebox it and sell it as new in the 3rd world.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Ordered Date: 19:25:31 December 10, 2010 # NIO3504xxx - Pixel Qi WiFi + 3G, shipping January 9th; 22nd; 29th, now February 14th; Received February 22 Sandisk 32gb class 4 card; pre-ordered a PadPivot

Junior Member Skycity is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler358 View Post
    It is a physical issue and apparantly a defect of the batch. NI however, doesn't want to take responsibility and is just blowing us off regarding this. Screw it - I'm just going to send NI another email stating I want a refund for my defective camera issue, per their Cancellation/Return/Policy stated on the PDF from their website:

So I can return it and have NI pay the bill.

Perhaps those of you who really no longer want the Adam can take a return fee hit as a lesson learned. After seeing what's going on with NI "support" now that's what I'd do even if I didn't have a defective camera.
    I am concerned about your refund. As the return policy states that, NI has to inspected it before they can refund to you. As we know, they have a lot of delay history, so I believe that their inspection and refund will be delay also.

I thi you may better contact to your CC company to get back your money asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Skycity View Post
    I am concerned about your refund. As the return policy states that, NI has to inspected it before they can refund to you. As we know, they have a lot of delay history, so I believe that their inspection and refund will be delay also.

Yes, I read about NI having to inspect it. I suppose if they really wanted to jerk me around, they could say the camera damage was done by myself and not give me a full refund based on that. At any rate I still have to start the return process, and I already have with the email. No response as yet, but I'll wait until I hear back from support first and then perhaps contact my CC company.

Member gecko is on a distinguished road gecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skycity View Post
    It won't hurt, I guess, to contact the CC company, but my experience is that the CC company wants to you try and resolve the issue with the merchant first. In my case, this was funny, because the merchant was a magazine-subscription company that all of a sudden disappeared, leaving no way to contact them. Since the CC company couldn't contact them, either, I had no problem getting the charge reversed.

Junior Member jmkinne is on a distinguished road
    Rambler, I agree that you should document the errors with your defective Adam. Whether or not NI is purposely ignoring you, the fact is you have a defective product and need to document it before you send it away.

Secondly, I think you should post some photos of the screen problems in an effort to compare with other PQi Adam's owned by the public. I highly doubt that PQi intentionally has faded screens with light issues, particularly in a released product. Lack of resolution due to the nature of the technology is not a valid excuse for limited color/angle response. Other iterations of PQi screens do not have these issues, and they appear to be particular to the Adam. Share pictures with the forums, so that others can see and compare.

You need not be malicious despite NI's weak responses, but in light of their lack of assistance, there is nothing to hide.

Good luck receiving better news from NI.

Quote Originally Posted by jmkinne View Post
    Rambler, I agree that you should document the errors with your defective Adam. Whether or not NI is purposely ignoring you, the fact is you have a defective product and need to document it before you send it away.
    I'm documenting by keeping all the emails sent and received from NI support. In those emails I've documented my issues precisely.

Secondly, I think you should post some photos of the screen problems in an effort to compare with other PQi Adam's owned by the public. I highly doubt that PQi intentionally has faded screens with light issues, particularly in a released product. Lack of resolution due to the nature of the technology is not a valid excuse for limited color/angle response. Other iterations of PQi screens do not have these issues, and they appear to be particular to the Adam. Share pictures with the forums, so that others can see and compare.
    If you have seen Mada's videos - my screen issue duplicates his exactly. So I see no need to duplicate what's already been done.

You need not be malicious despite NI's weak responses, but in light of their lack of assistance, there is nothing to hide.

Good luck receiving better news from NI.
    Thanks. And I'm not intending to be malicious towards NI. But the way support has completely ignored my primary problem with the defective camera, and instead trying to reassure me the PQ screen issue is normal in all PQ Adams is basically avoiding the main issue I'm having. I'm tired of dealing with this back and forth emailing with support, and have directly requested a refund for the return of my defective Adam. And I'm trying to get this taken care of within 7 days of receipt so that NI won't charge me additional fees that others have reported. See here:
    http://androidcommunity.com/notion-i...riod-20110127/

To be honest, I was really excited about receiving my Adam. However once received I was immediately let down. The glare of the stock screen, the hassle of trying to put on the screen protector, seeing the PQ screen issue which I find quite annoying, and then learning out about the defective camera. Even holding the Adam in its primary portrait mode is irritating for me because I accidently keep hitting the buttons. And those buttons aren't illuminated, making it very hard to see or avoid in dark settings. Notion Ink has done nothing to try and keep me happy as a customer. I sincerely hope that others don't have to go through the same thing as myself, and wish them the best with their Adam.
    Last edited by Rambler358; January-27-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Added link

Senior Member johnboatcat is on a distinguished road
    I like factory refurb stuff. I hope they can get the ear prints off the screen before they resell them!

Okay, this may be my last post in this thread regarding my Adam saga, as I really don't want people to think that Notion Ink won't support their customers. My request to return my defective Adam for a refund was approved, as I received the following email from Notion Ink this morning:
    Greetings form the Notion Ink Support Team !!

First of all, we would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and regret the fact the you were not able to enjoy your Adam for long.

We would like to inform you that your request for a refund has been taken note of and the process has been started.
    At this stage, we would like to inform you of the following.
    - Notion Ink Would bear the cost of return shipping and provide you with prepaid waybills.
    - A pick-up for the shipment would be arranged for by Notion Ink and you would be notified of the same.
    - After receiving the device, the refund would be processed as per the Notion Ink Cancellation, Return and Refund Policy (Copy of the same can be found on the Notion Ink Website)
    - You are responsible for returning the product in its original packaging along with all accessories and documentation.
    - After the product has been picked up, you would have to notify Notion Ink of the same mentioning the tracking number.
    - On receipt of the product, Notion Ink would process the refund of the original purchase price paid, less the shipping cost
    originally paid by you and notify you of the same.

We would be contacting you with details about the arranged pickup for your device and request you to keep it packed and ready.

Please let us know in case you need any further assistance at all from our end and we would be happy to help.

Warm Regards
    Alan
    Notion Ink Support Team
    So it looks like I'll taking the initial $50 shipping hit, but NI will cover the cost of shipping the Adam back to them. I really wanted to enjoy my Adam, but I guess I was just one of the unluckly few who got a bad one. I think Adam will be a great device once the software issues are sorted out, and I look forward to reading how Notion Ink improves Adam.

If anyone's interested in how my return process goes, I can keep those informed here in this thread. If no one cares, no problem and I'll just wish everyone the best with their Adam and hope they get much enjoyment from it.

2011 is the year of the tablet and it'll be interesting to see what develops. For me, I'm not exactly sure what tablet I'll be looking at next. The Moto Xoom looks promising, but it's still quite possible another Adam could be in my future. Until then, my HTC EVO 4G phone has been working great and I'll continue to use that for now.

+ Reply to Thread