Senior Member Rambler358 is on a distinguished road Rambler358's Avatar

Cool Adam has arrived!

I'm at work, but I did check the shipping status:
    Pick up date 21 Jan 2011
    Destination TORRANCE
    Delivery Date 10:04, 24 Jan 2011
    Signatory left at front door
    Date Time Location Status
    24 Jan 2011 10:04:00 Los Angeles Company Closed On Delivery Attempt. Follow Up Actions Underway.
    24 Jan 2011 10:04:00 Los Angeles Shipment Delivered In Good Condition.
    24 Jan 2011 06:57:35 Los Angeles Out For Delivery.
    23 Jan 2011 10:51:06 Los Angeles Shipment Held In Warehouse. Follow Up Actions Underway.
    22 Jan 2011 19:22:30 Los Angeles Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    22 Jan 2011 00:09:43 Hong Kong Shipment In Transit.
    21 Jan 2011 23:35:08 Hong Kong Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    21 Jan 2011 17:01:00 Xiamen Shipment Collected From Sender.
    21 Jan 2011 16:26:00 Xiamen Shipment In Transit.
    21 Jan 2011 14:15:49 Xiamen Shipment In Transit.
    Then I get a call from my wife who went home for lunch saying there's a package at the door for me - woohoo!

Then I check my email and see this:
    Hi!

Greetings from Notion Ink!

First of all, we would like to Welcome you to the Notion Ink Family!

We understand and share your excitement about you receiving your Adam.

Secondly, a couple of our family members who received the Adam already, reported to us that they faced some issues in updating their device.

So, as a precautionary measure, we would advice you to refrain from updating your Adam until we investigate this matter and contact you with an official update regarding this matter.

In case you need any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@notionink.com.

Warm Regards
    Notion Ink
    Unfortunately, I'm going to have to work my normal day so I won't be able to get to my Adam until later. And I don't have a video camera, so I can't do an official unboxing. But I think there will be plenty of those soon enough! And by the time I get home, I'll see if there's any more emails about the Update issue.

Senior Member Knoc is on a distinguished road Knoc's Avatar
    Awesome stuff man!
    Looking forward to your initial thoughts on using the device.
    |Underground Inventive, Overground Effective|
    NI Community Wiki

Super Moderator Levon is on a distinguished road Levon's Avatar
    Congrats Rambler

I hope you enjoy it

Junior Member najtreg88 is on a distinguished road
    so, did they just leave the package at your front door? unattended? just a box by your door? or am I misunderstanding the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by najtreg88 View Post
    so, did they just leave the package at your front door? unattended? just a box by your door? or am I misunderstanding the situation?
    They did. But I previously gave UPS authorization to do so (I know our local UPS guy), even though I'm not sure who actually delivered the package.

Super Moderator ArmanB is on a distinguished road
    Congrats let us know how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by najtreg88 View Post
    For me, a TNT rep called me saying the delivery man was at my house and I asked if she could just leave it by the side door. I heard her tell the guy to leave it by the door and that was that. So as long as there is verbal consent or a physical signature, it is fine.

(and yes, it was unattended but I had a neighbor pick it up and put it in my house)

Administrator ownad has disabled reputation ownad's Avatar
    Congratulations, Rambler358! Be sure to post a review in the new Notion Ink Adam Reviews forum!

I sent NI an email about the update issue, and asked when it was ok to try the update process - no word from NI as yet.

Got home about an hour ago and decided to check out my Adam. Got everything unboxed, and all was okay. I decided I wanted to put the screen protector on the first thing. I'm here to tell you it's no easy thing getting the screen protector on! It needs to be aligned perfectly, or else the protector won't fit correctly. Needless to say, I borked the installation by not having it aligned just right. After taking it off once to try and realign, some dust specs got in. And then it still wasn't perfectly aligned, and the edges don't want to seal themselves. So I got the scissors out, and trimmed away some of those parts that wouldn't seal. After 45 minutes I got it to be as best I could, with at least no bubbles or specs over the screen portion. But I hope more screen protectors can be ordered, as I really want to do this again and get it perfect. But it looks just "okay" as it is now.

So I get it booted and there's only a 19% charge, so Adam tells me to plug in the charger. I then try and locate the PDF manual that I thought was included, but I couldn't find any through Sniffer.

So I went into the Settings and set the correct date/time. Then I went to get connected to my WiFi network. I initially had a problem where the onscreen keyboard wouldn't appear when trying to enter the network name. I then exited out of that and went into the keyboard settings and selected the Adam keyboard. I was then able to go back and enter my network info ok.

Now I'm trying to see what the Adam desktop looks like without Eden and its Leaves, but I can't figure out how to get out of Eden! Any ideas?

Senior Member lummer is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler358 View Post
    Now I'm trying to see what the Adam desktop looks like without Eden and its Leaves, but I can't figure out how to get out of Eden! Any ideas?
    I think it is one of the buttons on the bezel. You might wanna check Joanna's video, where she brings the desktop up.

+ Reply to Thread