+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of creating case for Adam - Need suggestions

Junior Member ryanknapp is on a distinguished road
    One thing I'm definitely looking for is for the case to sport a nice, professional look.

A brown leather case would be pretty fantastic, or just your basic black. If the exterior had text saying Adam by Notion Ink or something, that would be cool too. I'm looking for a simple case, that covers all my hard edges, exposes all (or most) of the ports, and something that I can bring into a meeting at work, or with clients. The Adam is definitely one of the more high end looking tablets, sporting a different design and a unique UI, I want my case to show off that I own an Adam, even when it's not open and my Adam isn't out.

Hey guys, my manufacturer and I are working hard for everyone to expand our capabilities to prepare for the community. I can give you guys some more details on what is currently planned but remember this is still an organic project it is changing right up until we begin production, we hope you guys will be able to see review units in the hands of the major communities within one week! We will be getting everyone renders by the middle of the week as well, our hope is that we will be ready to start full production by mid February.

Here's some details for you guys, the material that we are going with is actually a blend, the main body that will protect your Adam will be reinforced sillicon, so not like one of those inexpensive jelly cases that are so prevalent on the market, it will have a strong skeleton embedded in it to protect the device. From this we will have a very strong flexible strap that will connect the flexible cover that protects your display, it will be held in place by a magnetic latch that won't hurt the device and it can be easily flipped around to keep it out of your way when not in use. There is also a very sturdy kickstand embedded into the skeleton of the main shell that you can use to prop your Adam up.

That's all for now folks, keep it coming and thanks again we have had amazing interest all over the net in this project and I am blessed to be a part of such an amazing community and I really hope that you all will enjoy the product that we are working to make for everyone!
    Visit us here to claim your NIA discount!
    - Tactus Texas

Senior Member smalis is on a distinguished road
    Design sounds good so far. I think a number of owners (including me) have purchased the elago Mobile Nano II USB 2.0 microSDHC Flash Memory Card Reader, based on another thread on the forum. I think the plastic exterior of the elago unit sits flush against the port and is a bit larger than the port itself, and I would like to request that the case holes for the USB ports be designed to ensure users can use this and similar products with the Adam in the case - in other words, the hole for the port may need to be larger than the actual port, yes? Thanks.

elago.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/elago-Mobile-m...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt

FYI, there is an unboxing video of the ASUS EEE slate which shows the included book-type cover, which also serves as a stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYV-e...layer_embedded
    Last edited by ownad; January-21-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: double-post merged

Hey Smalls, thanks for your input, we are definitely going to make the usb ports as usable as possible, I hate cases that make you trade function for protection. That's the beauty of our Adams, we are no longer limited to a proprietary dock connector and I hope to preserve that new experience!

With regards to the book cover I think you can expect as a close an experience as possible in terms of functionality however we are trying to come up with a good idea on how we'd like to implement the book side of things in a future case, we think the irregular shape makes it look a little off but we will figure it out.

We really are paying attention to everything people are saying and we are on target to be one of the first, if not the first option available but we are not sacrificing design and quality in order to do so!
    - Tactus Texas

@ Stardust, we are definitely going to try to get multiple colors, I want to at least get Black, Blue, Red, and green out there soon however will be launching with just black as it brings our cost down slightly as we are funding this out of our own pockets for the time being!

We are going to try to make this as professional as possible though and that's our first goal, this is going to be a case you wont be embarrassed to let your Adam wear in public. As for having adam on the case we will try, we have been talking to Rohan and it is a distinct possibility however it is not something we can comment on as of yet.
    - Tactus Texas

Senior Member outofoffice is on a distinguished road
    still waiting on those renders

how about this type of thing? Flush fitting, has a neat stand

Last edited by outofoffice; January-22-2011 at 04:45 AM.
    Mobile tech blog - http://outofoffice.net.au/
    ADAM pre-order phase 1 with a Pixel Qi screen, wifi and 3G (cancelled after many delays - bought a G-Tab)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactus View Post
    If possible how would everyone feel about a black color strip being included for your adam?
    How about offering a selection of colours for the case and shipping it with a matching colour strip?

@outofoffice I think you'll be pleased with what we've come up with so far! You should get allot of the same functionality out of our case that you saw there and even a little bit more.

@SeanM, we are going to try to get colors up by the end of Feb, black by mid Feb is our goal, we are definitely up for it though, anyone have a particular color, after black of course, that they are really wanting to see? Or a color combo?

Thanks everyone
    - Tactus Texas

Junior Member ravizzle is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactus View Post
    @outofoffice I think you'll be pleased with what we've come up with so far! You should get allot of the same functionality out of our case that you saw there and even a little bit more.

@SeanM, we are going to try to get colors up by the end of Feb, black by mid Feb is our goal, we are definitely up for it though, anyone have a particular color, after black of course, that they are really wanting to see? Or a color combo?

Thanks everyone
    Black and yellow!

Senior Member Stardust is on a distinguished road Stardust's Avatar
    Black & read and black & yellow. Also, later when your company settles a little bit, maybe you can try some prints... just a thought.
    "It is good to have an end to the journey towards; but it is the journey that matters, in the end"
    Pixel Qi + wifi Ordered: 6th Feb, ESD: 15th Feb, Delivered: 1st Mar

+ Reply to Thread