+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: screen+shipping update

Senior Member mada is on a distinguished road

screen+shipping update

Well bad news never ceases to come. Just got a reply from jon. I'll just get to the point.

1. The screen protector is matte and scratch resistant, NOT THE SCREEN ITSELF
    2. Jan 9 ship date is now indefinitely delayed. They have no specifics or estimates on when they will be shipping.
    3. ignored my question about the secret sensor being a radio receiver. there you guys can go back to your obsessive speculations

seriously wtf? having a really hard time staying positive about ni

ni just updated that they just passed fcc and will start printing the labels soon. I guess we'll see see if they can keep the wednesday deadline they just imposed on themselves. their executives and reps really need to get on the same page.

so much for all rohan's honesty leading up to this moment
    Last edited by ownad; January-15-2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: double post merged

Senior Member tokyobreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
    Bad news indeed. What concerns me most is the word 'Indefinitely Delayed'. If 9th Jan is delayed, we the folks in 15th-22nd bracket can't even talk about the possibility of receiving Adam in near future (this month).

Though I have been closely following NI for last one year and have deep sympathy for them as a start-up, from a marketing and consumer satisfaction point of view until now NI is a perfect example of what NOT to do. In each step.
    Adam Pixel Qi + Wifi - [ROM: Best 2.2.1]
    [Accessories: Case, Carry Bag, Stylus, Collapsible Stand, HDMI with flexible ends] [Yet to Buy: Extra Charger]
    Ordered Date: 2010-12-09 - Finally Delivered: 2011-02-21

rohan just said it passed and will ship weds. lets see if they can finally keep their word. so much for no fcc problems, already passing or on a boat huh.

well anyways at this point, i just want my product even if its missing a few of its selling points.

Senior Member vitaedrinker is on a distinguished road
    'Bout.
    Damn.
    TIME.

Senior Member myle00 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mada View Post
    rohan just said it passed and will ship weds. lets see if they can finally keep their word. so much for no fcc problems, already passing or on a boat huh.
    I'm confused. An hour and a half ago you got an email saying it was indefinitely delayed but now Rohan is saying that he's shipping around Wednesday?

my original email asked them if they could give me a rough estimate on when theyd ship my adam out, as they had missed their deadline without officially notifying me (who delays shipping for entire batches without a word to customers?) . their reply was they have no specifics on when shipping would happen. I interpreted that as indefinitely. I should have made that clear.

then now rohan is saying weds. But take that with a grain of salt. they have to gear up to print, test for defects and package as well as inventory and coordinate with dhl. It might take longer

they just emailed me back. the screen is glossy and not scratch resistant. this feels like bait and switch
    Last edited by ownad; January-15-2011 at 08:35 AM. Reason: double posts merged

Senior Member Zuber is on a distinguished road
    They should make that clear to customers up front...

I hope the screen protector pre applied (perfectly). Including a spare would also be good.

If not, then there are going to be a few protests from people that mess it up...

Zuber

in some of the pictures, you can see the fit isnt perfect but its an okay fit. It would be nice if they applied it before shipment and changed the spec page.

Im not sure what kind of protector they gave us, they arent all equal. I would want to be able to choose which type and brand of screen protector I wanted to use and the option to use one at all. Was hoping theyd have followed up on the better glass, it was one of the selling points.

The moment someone else gets a pixel qi model out, NI is going to be in a world of hurt.

Senior Member Zuber is on a distinguished road
    I've actually ordered the LCD one (2 of them). Key selling points for me are:

A more interesting design. Not just another slab...
    Eden UI (Depending on level of support, so more potential)
    Price. This is a big one for me. It is very good value even with a couple of dents in the specs.
    Availability (sort of). Looks like they will be shipping. Thing is, if Rohan didn't keep talking in riddles, telling half trueths etc. I wouldnd even have anything to be upset about.

I am tempted to try my luck at ordering the Pixel qi and if I get lucky cancel one of the LCD ones. But not sure if I will be able to handle the 'slightly washed out' colours. Especially given that I'll have an LCD one to compare it with.

My thinking on Pixel qi is not so much outdoor use (occasional help), but more in car and well lit office use.

Was thinking of just using it with backlight off on the office. To get amazing battery life and also better privacy. I figure backlight off would be much more discreet, attract less attention than a colourful lit image. I figure that from an angle, you might not even think it is switched on.

Zuber

Senior Member myle00 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
    I figure backlight off would be much more discreet, attract less attention than a colourful lit image. I figure that from an angle, you might not even think it is switched on.
    I don't know if that's correct. I think that an LCD is sometimes hard to tell if the screen is on from an angle because of the reflection. The PQ however, if it's like paper, can be seen from an angle just as well. Although I might be wrong.

+ Reply to Thread