PDA

View Full Version : Unbrick / Flash Error

amey
April-13-2011, 04:27 PM
EDIT : This issue is now Solved
Hey guys,

I am trying to follow the steps sent by Notion Ink for their latest update. I have completed the factory reset and now, when I am trying to FLASH the device using the files on NI server and following the complete procedure, I get the following error :

C:\Users\abcd\Downloads\flash_wifiPQ-W\Release>nvflash.exe --bct harmony_a02
_12Mhz_H5PS1G83EFR-S6C_333Mhz_1GB_2K8Nand_HY27UF084G2B-TP.bct --setbct --bl boot
loader.bin --configfile android_fastboot_full.cfg --odmdata 0xbc0c0011 --create
--go
Nvflash started
UnKnown device found
Press enter to continue:

The process stops as soon as I hit enter. I have installed the drivers for Windows version and followed all the steps for Flashing the device. Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this before or i it can be fixed.

Thanks,
Amey

Solution :
http://www.notioninkhacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1409&start=20

all you have to do is power it off. Then hold vol- and turn on the power. Screen will go black. Extract the second update from notion ink to a folder. Open your device manager and find the device listed. Right click on it and say upgrade driver or whatever. Specify the driver and point to that folder. Keep in mind the adam has to be plugged on via usb the entire time. Select the driver and say yes at the unsigned driver dialog. Click on download.bat and let it run until complete. Then unplug and restart your Adam.

Ps. Not reconized means your driver is not installed. This is good as it means your Adam is ok.

saied
April-13-2011, 04:36 PM
when did this update go up? i havent heard anything about it.

amey
April-13-2011, 04:54 PM
I somehow hate the device now with so much troubles and time I am investing just to get basic things working. But, in anycase I really apprecaite the community support from everyone on this forum / elsewhere who are constantly helping others out with their problems. Hats off to you guys, hopefully we all should contribute to get a much better version of Eden/ Adam out soon.

amey
April-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Hey saied,

I have received a mail from NI yesterday. I think the latest build is NIP020080411. Correct me if I am wrong.