PDA

View Full Version : How to change your boot screen to Honeycomb

no6969el
March-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Hello all if your anything like me you are anxiously awaiting honeycomb release to our adams.. well if you want that boot screen here is how you do it.

After you do the below you will want to connect your device via usb and make sure usb debugging is on. (Settings, applications, development, usb debugging CHECKED!!)

Another thing.. I am only trying to help and add to the adam experience.. I am not a teacher or anything so if you are unsure about a step STOP and go do some research.. this is for someone who already has a general knowledge and to assist those to are trying to learn this.. its not a substitute for learning it yourself. :) :)

Other wise.. have fuuun!!

----------

Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to enable these drivers:

You must have Android SDK installed before you can proceed. If you don’t have it already, proceed to our guide on what is ADB and how to install it. Make sure you download the Google USB Driver Package as well.

Open the google-usb_driver folder that you will find inside your Android SDK folder.
Open the android_winusb.inf file in notepad or any text editor to edit it.

Add these lines under [Google.NTx86] or [Google.NTamd64] depending on whether you are using 32 bit or 64 bit Windows. If unsure, it is safe to add these under both these sections.

;NVIDIA Tegra
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0955&PID_7000
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0955&PID_7100&MI_01

Don’t edit or replace any other text that is already there; just add these new lines and save the file. You can add them right before the
; HTC Dream

To be able to use ADB and other SDK tools with your device, you can proceed as follows:

On your tablet, go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and enable ‘USB Debugging’.

Connect your tablet to your PC via USB. You will get a notification that some drivers were not installed, which is OK for now.

Go to device manager and Identify your device from the list, right-click it and click ‘Update Driver Software..’.

Choose to browse your computer for driver software and then select to pick from a list device drivers on your computer.

Choose to view all devices and click ‘Have Disk…’.

Browse to the google-usb_driver folder inside your Android SDK folder and select the android_winusb.inf file.

If you get any warnings prompts telling you that the driver might not be compatible, just choose to continue installing.

Once the drivers have been installed, you should be able to use ADB with your device.

To confirm that your device is recognized, launch a Command Prompt window and enter these commands:

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb devices

If you see your device name or a few numbers as the output under the list of devices, your device is now recognized by ADB.

----
http://www.4shared.com/file/4HM0btVO/bootanimation.html
The next thing you are going to want to do is copy/push the bootanimation.zip to the /data/local folder. To do that enter the below commands into adb prompt.

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

adb reboot

Your tablet will reboot and should hopefully do this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSHLV0I0cQk

no6969el
March-09-2011, 06:54 PM
I was told that this method is best for people that aren't rooted but would like to change their bootscreen.

If you are rooted I was also told you can just.....

copy the bootanimation.zip file with root explorer and place it right in the proper folder and reboot.

I did not test the easy way..

I think im going to repost "how to get adb on Adam" information into its own thread...

ownad
March-09-2011, 07:12 PM
That looks amazing, no6969el! Great write-up! :)

I think im going to repost "how to get adb on Adam" information into its own thread...

Yes, please create a separate thread for that. Once you create it, I will go ahead and make it a sticky-thread. I'm sure it will be useful to many.