PDA

View Full Version : Remotely accessing Windows Desktop from ADAM

itsme
February-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Hello everyone,

My work involves accessing applications, which were developed only for Windows OS.
I was wondering if their exists an application, through which, I will be able to access my Windows PC using ADAM, looking at 10 inch Pixel QI display is, lot better than starring at my 22 inch Desktop.

If such APP exists
1) Will I be able to connect to my Desktop through LAN (Without using Internet)?
2) Has anyone tried installing Ubuntu ARM version on ADAM? (since ubuntu does supports Virtual machines. I will be able to run Windows on Virtual machine)
3) What accessories, should I use, to connect ADAM to my Desktop for remote access?
EXAMPLE ;- Should I use an RJ-45 LAN cable or an simple USB cable is enough, to connect ADAM to my computer for Remote access?

Guerdal82
February-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Hello everyone,

My work involves accessing applications, which were developed only for Windows OS.
I was wondering if their exists an application, through which, I will be able to access my Windows PC using ADAM, looking at 10 inch Pixel QI display is, lot better than starring at my 22 inch Desktop.

If such APP exists
1) Will I be able to connect to my Desktop through LAN (Without using Internet)?
2) What accessories, should I use, to connect ADAM to my Desktop for remote access?
3) Has anyone tried installing Ubuntu ARM version on ADAM? (since ubuntu does supports Virtual machines. I will be able to run Windows on Virtual machine)

For the connection to your Desktop through Lan there is Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com/fr/download/index.aspx#downloadAreaMobile) where you can find a beta version of their application for Android :-)

For Ubuntu, we must wait for the ubuntu port project on XDA Forum (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931214)

morsdon
February-07-2011, 08:39 AM
This probably will not help you, but I have been using Citrix Systems for running my companies desktop and applications on the Android OS for awhile. What excites me about all these new tables is the ability to use a keyboard and mouse, plus the fact I can hook it to my hdmi monitor. Its like a PC on the go and my desktop follows me anywhere.

itsme
February-07-2011, 09:45 AM
For the connection to your Desktop through Lan there is Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com/fr/download/index.aspx#downloadAreaMobile) where you can find a beta version of their application for Android :-)

For Ubuntu, we must wait for the ubuntu port project on XDA Forum (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931214)

What accessories, should I use, to connect ADAM to my Desktop for remote access?
EX ;- Should I use an RJ-45 LAN cable or an simple USB cable is enough, to connect ADAM to my computer for Remote access?

Guerdal82
February-07-2011, 12:24 PM
What accessories, should I use, to connect ADAM to my Desktop for remote access?
EX ;- Should I use an RJ-45 LAN cable or an simple USB cable is enough, to connect ADAM to my computer for Remote access?

You can use Wifi or 3G, in fact you just need an internet connection so that you can connect to yours local machines or a distant machine with a public Ip address :-)

number01pup
February-07-2011, 01:07 PM
This probably will not help you, but I have been using Citrix Systems for running my companies desktop and applications on the Android OS for awhile. What excites me about all these new tables is the ability to use a keyboard and mouse, plus the fact I can hook it to my hdmi monitor. Its like a PC on the go and my desktop follows me anywhere.

Only the adam can use a keyboard and mouse, via its 2 usb-a 2.0 ports. Unlike most other tablets which either only have one port or use micro usb/a special dock conector, and heance require a special keyboard. The Adam can use any Usb keyboard or mouse in theory, So lets only give credit were credit is due.

As for remote access to windows, I would recomend Logmein Ignition. You can buy it in the market, or I found it free at www.blapkmarket.com. The down side is that the windows pc you wish to control must have Logmein installed. And the UI is set up more for a phone then a tablet.

maranx
February-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Only the adam can use a keyboard and mouse, via its 2 usb-a 2.0 ports. Unlike most other tablets which either only have one port or use micro usb/a special dock conector, and heance require a special keyboard. The Adam can use any Usb keyboard or mouse in theory, So lets only give credit were credit is due.

There are plenty bluetooth keyboards and mice. Just more expensive and need batteries.
I also prefer usb, but the others are also capable.

itsme
February-07-2011, 10:00 PM
You can use Wifi or 3G, in fact you just need an internet connection so that you can connect to yours local machines or a distant machine with a public Ip address :-)

Thank you for Reply.
But, I was talking about the accessories, I will be needing, to connect through LAN (Without using Internet) ?

leperlord
February-21-2011, 07:44 AM

As for remote access to windows, I would recomend Logmein Ignition. You can buy it in the market, or I found it free at www.blapkmarket.com. The down side is that the windows pc you wish to control must have Logmein installed. And the UI is set up more for a phone then a tablet.

here here , indeed where credit is due :)

Damski
February-21-2011, 01:38 PM
I use an app called remote RDP on my nexus one to hook into my windows PC, it's very good and doesn't require any special software be installed on your PC provided your running the right version of windows. I can only assume it will work on the adam as I haven't had mine yet. and all it requires is the IP address, provided you give it your internal network address you won't be going out onto the internet.

Damski